Eclipse Commiter Nomination and First Commit!
During this period I worked on the Papyrus to improve wizards, properties views and the usability of class Diagram. I'm also participated to the preparation of the IP Process checking.
And Now, since Tuesday, I'm proud to announce that I have been nominated Eclipse Commiter for Eclipse Papyrus project! It is a great honor in my hacker's life And I will put best efforts to provide quality contributions.
After this news, I commited my first official contribution as a commiter #263431. I refactored the Papyrus Outline and implemented a first version of the Model Explorer view in order allow the navigation in resources, model and diagrams. This view is based on the powerful Common Navigator Framework (aka CNF) :
The result here :
More screenshots on the Papyrus Wiki.
CNF is very generic and extensive framework. Indeed, it allow to provide with the eclipse extension mechanism:
- content providers,
- label providers,
I read some great articles to learn the CNF :
- Building a Common Navigator based viewer, Part I: Defining the viewer
- Building a Common Navigator based viewer, Part II: Adding Content
- What does the Common Navigator Framework (CNF) help me do?
- Building a Common Navigator based viewer, Part III: Configuring Menus
- Building a Common Navigator based viewer, Part IV: Object Contributions
- Building a Common Navigator based viewer, Part V: Action Providers
- Label Decorators in a Common Navigator Framework viewer